- Open to all members and their guests with a USGA handicap
- Guests will need an official GHIN handicap index. If a guest does not have an official handicap, the golf professional will assign a handicap based on available information. No information=No strokes
- Make your own Foursomes
- Every Foursome must have at least 1 guest and at least 1 member
- Player check-in will begin at 11:30 in the golf shop
- Announcements will begin at 12:15. Players will need to be at their starting holes for a 12:30 pm Gate Drop
- You will play your normal set of tees. Guests will play from their regular distance tee set
- Cart usage is recommended, but walking is permitted as long as the pace of play policy is followed
- $40 Cash net & gross skins, team prize fund per person and Tri-fecta payout
- Prizes for the team game and skins will be paid out in cash for 1st and 2nd places
- Prize for the winning Derby team will be a unique one of a kind good luck charm.
- Wagering component where each person may wager on a tri-fecta. (Choose in order 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in the Derby) Prizes for the Tri-fecta will be paid out in cash split up equally among all correct pickers.
The Tournament Format
The team game
4-player team stroke play for 18 holes. Handicaps will be adjusted for each format. The event will be flighted into 3 flights and will be created based on each team’s total handicap index. Ties will be broken using the USGA tie breaking method of Back 9 Total.
The Derby – The fastest hole in Golf
The winners of each flight and a wildcard (the lowest team score for 18 holes not winning their flight and turning their card into the scoring table before 4:30 pm) will compete in a team Horserace Derby following the awards presentation of the Team Game. The Derby will be a 1-hole True Alternate Shot of the foursome. The team order will be decided by lot. Teams choose the player rotation. The winning team will be decided by both score and by the time it takes to play the hole from tee shot until ball is holed. Each stroke is equal to 30 seconds. Ball must be stopped prior to next player hitting. All players must take a club owned cart by themselves. All teams will tee off from the ‘63’ tees. Carts must follow normal cart restriction rules or be subject to a 10 second penalty.
The Derby Cup – ‘Run for the Races’ Thursday, April 1st
After the season’s final event, each event’s winning team will come together to compete for the Derby Cup. This will consist of a 6-hole horserace of 4 player team alternate shot. The winning team will be decided by both score and time. Each team is allowed 1 substitution from their original team, but the replacement must be within 5 handicap strokes of the original player. If a team is unable to participate, the runner up team from the final event will take their place for the Cup.
This is a Player of the Year Points Event
Look above in the results tab to view the current season long standings.
2 points for Participating
1st – 20 points
2nd – 15
3rd – 10
4th – 5